- The Towpath Marathon will comply with the Governor’s order on outdoor sporting events issued on Aug 19. Among other things, that means runners will be staged in heats with timed starts.
- When you register, you will be asked to submit an estimated running pace time (i.e. 7:30/mile).
- Full and half runners will receive a finishers medal. All runners will receive a t-shirt.
- Runners will not be required to wear masks during the race.
- Before and after the race, all are required to wear masks and practice social distancing.
- We are unable to offer same-day registration or day-of packet pickup. To limit contact, we are unable to host an after-party.
- There will be some minor adjustments to the courses, allowing us to eliminate the need for shuttle buses. The revised Towpath Marathon course will be USATF Certified.
- And finally, while we will do everything to conduct a safe race, many circumstances are out of our control and should conditions change, there is a chance the race will convert to a virtual event.
For non-runners we suggest avoiding the Towpath Trail between Canalway Center and Old Rockside Rd, between 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. due to trail congestion.
Know that through your entry in the Towpath Marathon, you directly support the development of the Towpath Trail, Canal Basin Park, RiverSweep, and dozens of projects within the Ohio & Erie Canalway National Heritage Area, projects that make our community stronger and more vibrant.