More than 600 racers and spectators enjoyed the Ohio & Erie Canal Reservation on April 10
Canalway kicked off the 2022 Towpath Trilogy race series on Sunday, April 10 with the Towpath Half Marathon & Five Mile Race on the Towpath Trail in Cleveland Metroparks’ Ohio & Erie Canal Reservation.
Enjoying sunshine and blue skies, 595 participants ran the half marathon and five-mile courses.
The top three overall half marathon winners in the men’s category were:
- Andy Feltman, Akron, 1:15:13.00
- Luke Grau, Canton, 1:15:22.79
- Jamison Brickner, Lakemore, 1:18:22.52
The top three overall half marathon winners in the women’s category were:
- Andrea Klima, Independence, 1:26:04.94
- Meryl Haring, Shaker Heights,1:26:40.84
- Joanna Consiglio, North Royalton, 1:26:39.59
The top three overall winners in the men’s five-mile race were:
- Rick Bement of Avon Lake OH, 27:57.64
- Christian Jenkins of Cuyahoga Falls, OH, 28:03.44
- Kadin Engle of Independence, KY, 29:31.43
The top three overall winners in the women’s five-mile race were:
- Lindsey Fascione of Bay Village, OH, 30:30.54
- Danielle Kulpins of Pepper Pike, OH, 35:32.99
- Megan Kane of Akron, OH, 37:42.55
Full race results are available here.
View more Photos on the Towpath Trilogy Facebook Page.
After the race, participants enjoyed bagels from Cleveland Bagel, bananas, Gatorade and water supplied by Cleveland Water as well as free adjustments from Cleveland Performance Chiropractic.
The second race in the Towpath Trilogy is the Towpath Twilight 10-10 on June 17, a Friday evening race featuring 10k, 10 mile and 5K courses. The Trilogy concludes at The Towpath Marathon on October 8.
Thank you to all our race sponsors and supporters: Eaton, MetroHealth, Fleet Feet, BASF, CarbBoom, Hermes, The Cleveland Bagel Co, The Village of Valley View, Cleveland Performance Chiropractic, City of Cleveland Water & Ohio & Erie Canalway Association.