Get ready for exciting bike rides along the Towpath Trail with breathtaking views of where history meets industry and nature. Cycle Canalway returns with more exciting bike rides along the Towpath Trail. The FREE event series offers 13 self-guided leisure bike rides for ALL experience levels!
Registration for Cycle Canalway is OPEN! Upon registering you will be e-mailed a link allowing you to download the Adventure Guides and Mapped Rides.
May 27, 2021 – June 29, 2021 (participate on your own schedule).
The adventure guides include everything from directions and where to park, to mileage and terrain, descriptions and links to the incredible historic and natural sights you’ll experience, activities you can enjoy on the trail, and a guide to nearby attractions. We even have special Cycle Canalway coloring pages for the kids!
Cycle Canalway Adventure Guides are sorted by experience level from short and easy rides to daylong adventures.
- Joyrides – Family-friendly or beginner bike rides. (Under 10 miles)
- Jaunt Rides – Regular cyclists (10-20 miles)
- Journey Rides – Experienced cyclists seeking an enhanced ride (20-30 miles)
Chance to Win Prizes — Complete one or more rides between May 27 and June 28. When you share your photos with us on social media using the hashtag #CycleCanalway (make sure your post is set to public so we can see it!), you’ll be automatically entered to win a weekly prize package. New prize packages and previous weeks winners will be announced every Wednesday on Canalway Partners’ website, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
Date: Saturday, June 5, 2021 (postponed from Saturday, May 29, 2021 due to weather)
Time: 10 am – 12 noon
Location: Hart Crane Park
Canalway Partners is helping get your bike ready for a summer of safe riding on the Towpath. Join us in Hart Crane Park for our Cycle Canalway Bike Tune-A-Thon.
Bicycle mechanics from Ohio City Bike Co-op will be on site providing complimentary bike safety inspections and minor small part repairs. One bike per person, please.
Need a helmet? We’ll have a limited supply of free bike helmets, compliments of Put A Lid On It! First come-first served, so get there early.
Sundays at 12 noon
Dates: June 6, June 13, June 20, June 27
Join us on Sundays during the month of Cycle Canalway for guided social group rides. Each week we’ll have a special guest host from the cycling community leading the ride. Ride themes and meeting points will vary. Each ride will start at Towpath trailhead in Cuyahoga County.
- Sunday 6/6 @ 12 PM – Canal Basin Park (The Flats) to Towpath Mounds (Tremont) – 10 Miles Roundtrip. Join Canalway Partners on a 10-mile roundtrip Joyride that explores the newest sections of the Towpath Trail in Cleveland, starting in the Flats District. We’ll start at Canal Basin Park and explore the future Canal Basin Park, Scranton Flats, Tremont, and the new Camp Cleveland site. You’ll learn how the Towpath Trail integrates with our industrial heritage. This ride meets at Canal Basin Park at 12 PM.
- Sunday 6/13 @ 12 PM – Boston Mill Visitor Center Ride with SYATT – 14 Miles Roundtrip – Led by our friends at SYATT this ride explores tried and true favorites of Cuyahoga Valley National Park. Riders will have a chance to roam the new visitor center, take a break at the market, and take in the sights at the Beaver Marsh. This ride meets at Boston Mills Visitor Center at 12 PM
- Sunday 6/20 @ 12 PM – Rockside Station to Brecksville (Station Road) – Led by our friends at Black Girls Do Bike: Cleveland, together, we’ll explore nature by bike. Along the ride, you’ll see herrings and native plant life. We’ll share interesting facts about the canal history, and show you recent construction projects. Please park at the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad lot (7900 Old Rockside Rd.) This ride meets at Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad – Rockside Station at 12 PM
- Sunday 6/27 @ 12 PM – Cleveland Script Sign (Tremont) to Old Brooklyn with Bike Cleveland – Led by our friends at Bike Cleveland this casual ride on the Towpath Trail starts at the Cleveland Script Sign on Abbey Avenue in Tremont. The ride will follow the Towpath Trail south and show connections to Cleveland’s Old Brooklyn Neighborhood using the Treadway Creek Trail. Total length will be 10 miles roundtrip. This ride meets at the Cleveland Script Sign on Abbey Avenue in Tremont at 12 PM.
For ride details and registration links, click here
If you’re new to riding on a shared-use trail, these kids have a few tips for you!
Check out the FOX 8 News in the Morning Segment on last year’s event!
Thank you to our sponsors