RiverSweep 2015 will happen from 9am to noon on Saturday May 9th. In 2014, 732 volunteers removed over 70 tons of trash, including 781 tires!
Over 25 years we have recruited 17,190 volunteers who have helped us to extract and recycle 23,161 illegally discarded tires and picked up for disposal 490 tons of rubbish.
New or expanded parks, trails and greenways have been created from RiverSweep sites including:
- Scranton Flats
- Hart Crane Park
- West Creek Reservation
- Ohio and Erie Canal Reservation, Rockside Rd. to Lower Harvard Ave
- Washington Reservation, Trail connection along E 49th St./expanded First Tee golf course
- Treadway Ravine, connects Cleveland Park with Jennings, near Towpath Trail
- Mill Creek Falls and trail, connection to Garfield Park
- Morgana Run, first rail-to-trail in Slavic Village
- Steelyard Commons, Towpath Trail Stage 2
Visit our RiverSweep page to learn more and volunteer!