Development in the Cleveland Centre Historic District

In late 2013, Canalway Partners worked with the Downtown Cleveland Alliance and Historic Warehouse District to contribute funds to a study that led to the creation of the Cleveland Centre National Register Historic District, located in Downtown Cleveland’s Flats. This designation promotes development by opening funding opportunities through historic tax credits and easements.

In December 2014, the first project in the Cleveland Centre received just over $209,000 in State Historic Tax Credits. The project at 1736 Columbus Road will become offices for the architecture firm Fabo Enterprises, Inc.

Read more about the Fabo Enterprises project on Freshwater Cleveland.

ClevelandCenterHistoricDistrict-1024x663Historic restoration projects are transforming the Flats, other nearby projects to receive tax credits include the National Terminal Warehouse apartments, the Hubbard Cooke Building on the Superior Viaduct and the Wagner Awning building on Scranton Road.

Read more from the Plain Dealer

Visit Cleveland Centre’s National Register of Historic Places website