Canalway Partners develops the northern end of the Ohio & Erie Canalway National Heritage Area. We are the chief fundraiser for the Towpath Trail Greenway in Cleveland, taking the lead in strategic decision-making, grant writing, and community outreach.
Canalway Partners works with the Ohio & Erie Canalway Coalition on the development of the Ohio & Erie Canalway National Heritage Area.
The mission of Canalway Partners is to create a park system that follows the route of the historic Ohio Canal from Cleveland through Zoar to Dover/New Philadelphia by promoting historic preservation and interpretation, expanded recreational opportunities and sensitive economic developments.
This Mission is Accomplished By:
• Managing the development of the Ohio & Erie Canalway National Heritage Area.
• Linking natural and cultural assets via the Towpath Trail, Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad and America’s Byway.
• Increasing public awareness through community education and diverse activities and events such as RiverSweep and the Towpath Trilogy.
• Forging dynamic public/private partnerships to develop key physical projects.
• Promoting the Ohio & Erie Canalway as a tourist destination; showcasing its natural, cultural, and historic resources.
Canalway Partners Board of Directors
Gary Klasen, Eaton Corporation
Tom Yablonsky, Downtown Cleveland Alliance
Patrick Holland, Director, Solid Waste District, Retired
Jack Kluznik, Weston Hurd
Barbara Deeds, The Manning Group
Patrick Cook, Microsoft Corporation
Michael Dostal, The Private Bank
Bob Hudecek, Executive Director, Neighborhood Capital Corporation Retired
John Mino, Calfee, Halter and Griswold, LLP
Chris Ronayne, University Circle, Inc.
Jack Rupert, President, Broadview Savings, Retired
David Wagner, Chartwell Group
Canalway Partners Staff
Tim Donovan, Executive Director (email)
Fran DiDonato, Assistant Director (email)
Kathy Cole, Program Manager (email)